Rent to own financing* provides affordable alternatives for your storage needs. Unlike off-site self-storage, Rent to own financing provides a path to ownership. We offer flexible payment options so you can match a rental plan to fit your storage building needs. You can choose from 24, 36, 48, and 60-month payment options. Why rent self-storage when you can rent… then own?
Frequently Asked Questions
RTO LIMITATIONS*: The Barn Raiser offers rent to own financing within 50 miles of NY zip code 12528 on in-stock or new 1-level fully-built storage buildings in sizes up to 12′ wide x 28′ long WITH a floor. The RTO program does NOT apply to modular buildings, floorless buildings, some animal shelters, or any building over 12′ in width at the roof and over 28′ long. Also, the building, once delivered, can NOT be blocked by anything such as another building, a fence enclosure, landscaping, etc. The building must remain accessible until you own it. Other limitations may apply.
- Do you require a deposit?
- We require your first and last month’s payment prior to delivery of your building. Your last month payment is held in deposit and applied to your last payment in your contract or payoff amount. You MUST make this payment ONLINE via your RTO contract using your debit (visa/mc) card or credit card. We do not accept ‘In office’ payments or contract submissions. However, we WILL need a copy of your drivers license which you can email to email@example.com
- When do my payments begin?
- Your first payment will be due on the 5th of the month following the delivery of the building. The delivery person will provide you with the first payment coupon and you will receive a payment coupon book in the mail to use for all future payments.
- Can I purchase the storage building after I have entered into a Rental Purchase Contract?
- You can pay off your contract at any time with no penalties. We apply a discount to your rental agreement based on the term of your rental agreement and the number of payments you have made. Please refer to your Rental Purchase Agreement for details.
- What if something happens and I can no longer pay for my storage building?
- A rental contract is a month to month Rental Purchase Agreement. You can terminate your contract at any time. Just call RTO and we will schedule a convenient time to retrieve the storage building. The building must be accessible and all contents removed.
- Do you report to credit agencies?
- Since your Rental Purchase Agreement is a monthly rental contract, we do not report to credit agencies. Credit reports are not requested or reviewed to determine eligibility.
- Do I have to wait for an approval to participate?
- No. We give instant approval with completion of all rental information and receipt of your initial payment with a credit card or check.
- What are my options for making monthly payments?
- You will receive a coupon book within a couple of weeks from the delivery of your building. You can mail a check or money order to our processing center or you can call customer support and pay with credit or debit card or a check by phone. We also provide automatic draft payment options.
- Why purchase a liability damage waiver?
- As part of your rental agreement, you are responsible for completing your rental contract if something happens to your unit. For example, if a tree falls on your unit, it is stolen or burns, you are responsible for fulfilling your contract. The liability damage waiver or LDW is a minimal extra cost and covers the remaining amount owed on the unit under these circumstances. You would not own your home or a car without protection, so why do so with your storage building. This is a great way to get the protection you need.
APPLY ONLINE NOW! TIP: It is best to get a written estimate and choose your color scheme for the shed (if ordering)from The Barn Raiser for the exact building you want, BEFORE YOU APPLY. That way, you will have the financials figured out since we will need to enter the figures and color choices on the contract as we volleyball it back and forth to completion. Also, this will tell us the building size and type. Otherwise, click below for the application.
> Full disclosure on RTO from The Barn Raiser: This can be a GREAT program to buy a shed with very little upfront money. A lot of people use it. BUT, nothing in life is free or without it’s downside. Please review your overall costs carefully, and understand that RTO makes their money by collecting interest from you. The longer you stretch the payments out, the more the shed costs you down the line. RTO does a great job at transparency though, you will see charts of payments and such and there is no early pay off penalty. <<